Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Seasonal Rhythym

Gardening, and I'm guessing farming, is the trying not to kill what you've planted. There are other good things to do, pruning and thinning are new to me. I can't really control the "growing" part of growing veggies. That's completely God's work. I can make sure it gets some water. I can bring pots in for light or warmth. But I think I'm only trying to keep them from dying.
I've been out of town this week. I can't be there to watch over the plants, especially the new baby carrot sprouts that have only just appeared. This time of year, there is usually an afternoon shower to provide moisture and plenty of sun. I'm much more peaceful with letting God take care of my plants. I don't always feel that peace in the care of the people around me. I feel that I need to nurture, water, encourage, urge the growing process. But it's the same as those baby plants. God is in charge of the growing.
If some of the other gardening principals work then there is much more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment