Saturday, August 8, 2009

Unidentified egg sacks under leaves

The habenero plants I started in May are getting along fine and a few flowers starting to appear. However, this month they're being invaded by white eggs sacks. I haven't been able to identify them yet but they maybe aphids. We'll figure that out later. Until then, a simple home remedy is working great. I've sprayed them with a solution of about 40% white vinegar and 60% water. it is the same solution we used to spray wayward trails of ants when they've come in the house. The ants are to lay down the fearful hormone trail and never come back. That has only been somewhat helpful at best. But the egg sacks respond as hoped. The sacks shrivel and go away. The white flying pests that hang around also go away. And that's all I want. Leave my peppers alone so they can bloom and grow and produce some peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment