Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2,000 Dollars & Hours (not related to gardening!)

Tape your business card to the back of your laptop. 

Today I left my laptop inside the seatback pocket of my airline seat. I didn't realize it until I was driving away from the airport. Oh how my heart skipped. Such a big airport. What if the plane takes off, with my little mac still in the seat? Ugh.
As I run into the door to get a pass to go back through security, my phone rings. A gate agent has my mac and is saving it for me at gate K7. They called because my cell phone number was right there. They said in all the years they worked at the gate and all the many laptops left, this was the first with id information.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'll do this with other stuff too... good for self promotion too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give credit though. I saw Glenn Balzer, (Natl Director of DOOR who I work with) with his laptop done the same way. His reason, was because he has a standard issue laptop like the rest of the Mennonite Mission Network staff. When we're in meetings with those folks, everyone's laptop looks the same (except my mac which stands out nicely.)
    I think I'll tape a card on my phone tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete