Thursday, April 30, 2009

Might apply but probably doesn't

Here's a web 'community' I stumbled upon yesterday. Freedom Gardens I honestly wasn't looking. It covers the US and has a great vibe to it and a great philosphy behind it, but as with most general gardening sites, books, and advice it doesn't always apply to Tropical Miami (Gardening Zone 10b-11.)
Which is actually true about everything. When we first moved to Miami in 96, my dear supervisor sent me two books to read ahead of my assignment. They covered wonderful information and their exciting experience in their context. But no it didn't apply here.
Even our laws, especially traffic laws, seem like only suggestions. They don't actually apply. Can you see anywhere else in the country, a vehicle with a home made vehicle tag on cardboard? Surely you remember where the 2000 election of the president of the USA was decided! To vote you don't have to be alive.
This advice will save you a lot of money in buying books. It'll save you time in reading what other people in other places have done. It might apply, but maybe not. It always amazes me and still sometimes surprises me.

No comments:

Post a Comment