Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Freeze Warning in Miami- Are you kidding me!?!?

I live close enough to the coast that we are supposed to be more protected by the 'warm' ocean winds. But just to be safe, I have watered and covered by little outdoor garden in sheets. I felt like I was tucking them in and I guess I am, minus the lullabye.
It's always funny when it gets cold in Miami. Usually we think 65 is cold. Folks out on South Beach bring out the fur coats for the 5 special "cold" days a year. But when it gets cold, as in 40-50, it honestly IS cold. We don't have heaters! We only have air conditioners. Right now, I've got my feet wrapped in a heating pad while the kids share a room with a space heater left over from our days up north. 
Hope the pretty little new blooms on the red peppers and tomatoes fair as well.

1 comment:

  1. All's well. Plants are fine. I guess I should check the forecast for tonight.

    ReplyDelete