Monday, November 15, 2010

Here I plant

Traveling a lot can do funny things to you. It can certainly keep you from posting on a blog.

When I travel, I have odd habits getting more ingrained as I go. I always get a meal just before getting onto a plane. I carry some snacks that could be shared easily with seat mates if we’re all stuck on a runway for hours. Almonds and peanut M&Ms are favorites.

When I get home there is a list of items I need to check through. I first check in with the important people in my life- just to touch base at least a little. I get laundry caught up, unpack and pack the clothes I only wear when traveling away from Miami. The turtlenecks & wool socks go right back into the suitcase when they are clean and ready. We don’t usually need such clothing down here in sunny Miami, although I wear them if it gets down into the 60s. yikes.

Traveling could keep me from tending my garden. But it hasn’t. Instead, every stretch of time I have been home this last month, I’ve planted something. Honestly, I have killed as much as I have planted. Irregular irrigation probably.

The important part to me, is the planting. It is a very real physical representation that HERE are my roots. This is where I hope to produce fruit. And later, it is the great hope to feast together on all that God has grown.

I leave for another meeting this week. Today I planted more spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment